Adult forum – Journey in Community
Our theme for 2016-17 will be “Journey in Community.” We will have a series of interactive opportunities to discuss how we worship, live and work together as followers of Jesus. We will also have occasional sermon discussions and talk about current events in the context of our faith, Jesus, and Scripture.
We also will occasionally revisit and reiterate the Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations that are part of our mission statement: Radical Hospitality, Passionate Worship, Intentional Faith Development, Risk-Taking Mission and Service, and Extravagant Generosity.
- Sunday, January 15 – Epiphany: Mix-Up Sunday! with Father Chuck
- Sunday, January 22 – “Who is Our Neighbor?” Part One. Lee Ann Walling shares interesting survey results and data about the role of faith (and the Episcopal church) in our country.
- Sunday, January 29 – Annual meeting, no forum
- Sunday, Feb. 5 – “Who is Our Neighbor” Part Two. The discussion continues at the local level. Are we reflecting our community in worship and ministry?
- Sunday, Feb. 12 – Sermon discussion with the Rev. Jin Hawkins and Adult Forum: Why Do We Do That? Explaining Episcopal Worship with Father Chuck and Deacon Pat
- Sunday, Feb. 19 – Lead-in to Lenten study series, “Justice for the Poor” with new social justice ministry members
- Sunday, Feb. 26 – Lenten inter-generational event with Deacon Pat and Tina Schaeffer
Special Lenten series: “Last Things”
- Sunday, March 5 – Last Things, Part One. What does a funeral home do?
- Sunday, March 12 – Last Things, Part Two. How do I plan a funeral service?
- Sunday, March 19 – Last Things, Part Three. How do I address legal and financial matters?
- Sunday, March 26 – Last Things, Part Four. How would I like to be cared for as I am dying?
- Sunday, April 2 – Last Things, Part Five. How can I face the loss of a loved one?
- Sunday April 9 – Palm Sunday, no forum
- Sunday, April 16 – Easter, no forum
If you have questions or any ideas for topics, please contact Father Chuck