Updated March 10, 2017
We are called to serve Christ, our church and our community in many different ways, and Christ Church offers abundant opportunities to serve and be part of a vital faith community. Find your calling here.
- AcolytesAn opportunity for youth to participate directly in our worship by carrying the cross, banners, Gospel book, and icons, and assisting with Communion. E-mail: Chris Collins
- Altar GuildCare for the items needed for the Eucharist and set up the altar for services, funerals, weddings and special services. Men and children participate, too! E-mail: Sue George
- Buildings and GroundsCare for our historic churchyard with seasonal plantings, cleanups and other projects. E-mail: Jim Pappas
- Chalice bearers and lay readers
- Christ Church ChoirThe music ministry of Christ Church supports the liturgy by providing sung praise for Worship. Our adult and children’s choirs rehearse in season (September to June) and usually sing at the 10 a.m. Sunday Eucharist and for holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc) and at other special events. E-mail: Jon Rania
- Church School/Godly Play
- Community GardenWe share our bounty with our neighbors and the Interfaith Mission for Housing. A wonderful opportunity to feed people, practice good stewardship, and eat healthy foods. E-mail: Nancy Quinn
- Daughters of the KingThe Daughter of the King, Holy Spirit Chapter lives out its vows of Prayer, Service and Evangelism through support of our parish as directed by our rector. When asked we minister to parishioners requests by praying daily and confidentially for their needs and support as well as the needs of others. We also pray daily for the spiritual growth of the parish and clergy to which the chapter owes allegiance. Email: Robbie Burnett
- Dover Interfaith Mission for HousingChrist Church played an integral role in the founding of this Dover-area homeless shelter for men. We cook and serve dinner there twice a year, and volunteers and supplies are always welcome. Contact Jeanine Kleimo.
- Flower MinistryDeliver altar flowers and offer the parish’s good wishes and prayers to Christ Church members who are homebound or in nursing homes or hospitals. E-mail: Mariann Marston
- Parish LifeA creative group that plans and executes seasonal parish events throughout the church year, almost all of them involving good food. E-mail: Stephanie Lehane
- Prayer ShawlThis ministry is supported by an enthusiastic group creating shawls, lap robes, and other items for people experiencing a time of difficulty, sadness, or celebration. The group meets at 7 pm on the second Tuesday of each month, September-June, in the Common Room of the Parish House. All stitchers, regardless of skill level are welcome. E-mail: Kip McDaniel or call the church office to request a shawl.
- Seek and ServeThis new social justice ministry attempts to follow the Baptismal Covenant, “Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself.” We will identify ways to raise awareness about and help the poor and marginalized in the Kent County community. Email: Lee Ann Walling
- TransportationFree van transportation is available to all services. To volunteer as a driver or to request a ride, contact Joe McNair by phone at 302-698-4208.
- UshersUshers act as ministers of hospitality by greeting those arriving for services. Scheduling is generally done on a yearly basis but there is always a need for additional help. Entire families and individuals are encouraged to participate. E-mail: Father Chuck
- Women's Bible StudyThis group meets every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. for fellowship and scripture study. Email: Mary Collins